“BUT THE TECH SYSTEMS ARE TOO DIFFICULT”
“DON’T I HAVE TO BE TECH SAVVY TO DO THIS?”
Let’s be clear…you don’t need to know how to code or how to piece together bespoke tech systems to launch a profitable online yoga course.
There really is no need to feel overwhelmed or to waste time trying to hack together solutions to get your yoga course online. There are tech systems and platforms that can help you to pull everything together quickly and easily.
And if you’re here reading this, you’re tech savvy enough.
…because all you really need is:
1. A tried and tested framework incorporating strategies and systems to create and sell a profitable online yoga course
2. An online home to host your course
3. A guide to support you!
Today I’m breaking down step by step the tech and the tech systems you need to launch a profitable online yoga course and this is all based on research and a couple of years experimenting…and trial and error!
As you go through the process of launching an online course, there will be many tiny details that you don’t consider and probably won’t consider until you’re in the middle of your launch and it’s too late.
Investing in these tech systems upfront can be scary but not using the right tech systems from the get go can cost time and money because you may find yourself migrating courses and email lists, or overpaying for solutions that don’t work and require a lot of input and customisation – and that’s a big no no.
One of the biggest mistakes when launching your course is to choose tech systems and platforms that won’t grow as your online yoga business grows.
You’ll want to consider the following:
- Scale-able: You want to choose tech systems that are beginner friendly but empire equipped. What would happen if your yoga business went from having 20 students to 200 students? What would happen if you got 1000 students? Would your system still hold up or would you have to add functionality or cost
- Automation: Do your tech systems have the ability to automate your tasks? For example, when someone signs up for your online yoga course, will they automatically receive a welcome email, and then an invitation to your Facebook group. You want to make sure you can set up automations in your systems so you’re not doing that stuff yourself.
- Protected content: This one is pretty obvious, but how protected is your course content? You want your content to be protected and in a course site that looks good, professional and works well.
- Ease of use: If you can’t use the tech systems yourself and make changes yourself, you don’t really own it. You want to use tech systems that are so easy to use, anyone could figure it out, but that also have all of the features of the big, fancy, complex systems. It has to be easy to use but also have the features of the most robust software.
- Affiliates: You need to be using a platform that makes affiliates very simple. If you don’t have affiiate capabilities, you’ll be smacking yourself down the line for not thinking ahead. Just because you might not need this feature TODAY doesn’t mean you won’t need it a month from now. Keep that in mind.
- Profit sharing: This might come into play down the line if you have joint products with other course creators, the ability to sell products together is a must. Doing these things used be extremely painful and such a huge hassle.
1. TECH SYSTEM: TEACHABLE AS YOUR COURSE PLATFORM TO HOST YOUR COURSE CONTENT & STUDENTS!
For yoga teachers who want to take their teaching online, Teachable is the best choice.
Three reasons why Teachable is the best:
The course builder is extremely intuitive and easy to use so that you can customise and design your homepage, lectures and sales pages with no tech skills and you can literally get your school set up within minutes. Certainly beats the days and weeks I spent trying to piece together WordPress plugins!
You can easily set up your sales pages to look beautifully designed like so…
It doesn’t matter how many courses or students you have. It will allow you to grow with the peace of mind that it won’t fall apart or become to difficult to run if you make more sales.
It looks good and offers a consistent experience across desktops, tablets, and smartphones due to built in fully optimised responsive design – so you don’t need to worry about how it looks for your students.
- Affiliates and auto-payouts
- Replicating courses
- Co-authors for profit sharing
- Sales pages that are super sexy
- Integrates with everything
Teachable covers 99% of your bases and is the best investment for your online course. There’s a free option to get you started and pricing plans start from $39 / month.
2. TECH SYSTEM: CONVERTKIT AS YOUR EMAIL SERVICE PROVIDER TO BUILD YOUR LIST & NURTURE YOUR SUBSCRIBERS
You may be using Mailchimp which is great for yoga teachers who are just getting started with growing their business but if you’re serious about teaching online, you need a robust email marketing software that will grow as you grow – this is where Convertkit comes in.
It has way more advanced features such as the ability add multiple incentives or lead magnets using “forms”.
If you’re offering a new content upgrade on each blog post, you can add an individual form to the end of your blog post for your audience to sign up.
Mailchimp only allows one opt-in form per list.
But on top of that, ConvertKit specifically has a lot of features that are important when you are launching an online course.
People can opt out of a launch email sequence, without unsubscribing from your entire list.
You can create a tag and just have people click one button if they aren’t interested in receiving the launch emails you’re sending out about your new course. This means you keep them as a subscriber but they won’t get annoyed by launch emails that don’t apply to them right now.
You can tag people who purchase, and then automatically remove them from your launch emails.
You don’t want an enrolled student to continue receiving your launch emails as they’ve already signed up! Using tags and rules you can have them automatically unsubscribed from the launch email sequence.
Your new students automatically get welcomed to your program
You can set up some really nice onboarding and check in emails when people purchase your product, which I think is awesome for customer/student experience.
You can tag people as interested in a particular topic and maximise communication when launching
You can send MORE launch emails to the people you have tagged as “Interested in: Topic of Course” or “Lead: Topic of Course”. For example, those who opt in for a specific lead magnet or for a waiting list for your course have shown significant interest. You could send these people special VIP bonuses and even extra emails towards the end of your launch period since they opted in as extra interested.
I’m obsessed with ConvertKit, and in general it’s something you just need for your business whether you are launching or not.
3. TECH SYSTEM: LEADPAGES FOR COLLECTING EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR YOUR PRE-LAUNCH
I use LeadPages every day!
Leadpages is an awesome lead generation software that is built to create attractive and designer landing pages to help boost your email list as well as other tools to maximize your overall conversion rate (people visiting the page who opt in).
As well as offering opt in boxes for your website (that are better designed and more visually appealing than Convertkit’s opt in boxes), Leadpages also gives you the ability to create all kinds of different pages within seconds! The pages you can create include:
Opt-in/subscription lead pages
Webinar Promotion pages
Thank you pages
This means you can set up a coming soon page or a “free mini course” lead magnet page…you can literally create pages within seconds and then publish just as quickly.
So, you have an awesome looking page ready to go without having to go through any publishers, designers or developers.
They offer plenty of really great templates and you can easily see how many views and conversions each landing page or opt in box has had.
Leadpages is also a great way to deliver launch webinars and the pages needed such as the registration, thank you, and live pages.
4. TECH SYSTEM: iMOVIE FOR EDITING VIDEO AND AUDIO FOOTAGE
iMovie has all of the solutions you need to create videos like those you see your favorite teachers selling.
It’s a super intuitive tool that, when leveraged correctly, can take your videos from bland to bam and make video editing fun (no really!).
In turn, your videos will better engage students, create a stronger brand, and ultimately grow your business.
The inteface can look a bit scary on first look…and that’s where Youtube is your friend because there are hundreds if not thousands of iMovie tutorials to get you started.
You’ll be whizzing around the timeline, pulling your video and audio files in and matching the up in no time at all.
5. TECH SYSTEM: CANVA FOR CREATING WORKBOOKS AND PDF’S
Another tech system I use EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Canva let’s you easily create beautiful branded social media posts, workbooks and documents. It has a drag and drop feature as well as professional layouts to design consistently stunning graphics.
Canva offers a simple yet robust online design platform that can turn any idea into a powerful, stunning design easily and quickly. Canva has the tools and functionalities that enable users to create awesome, appealing, and relevant content and the capabilities to make the process easy and seamless.
Canva’s powerful drag and drop editor, along with its vast selection of images, fonts, and templates, makes it easy for users to build documents and designs from scratch. Users also have the option to create custom designs and templates that contain elements of their brand and company. With easy to edit templates and designs, Canva helps users ensure consistency of themes across documents.
Templates, documents, and designs can be configured so that others can edit and introduce changes. On top of that, users can also comment on their work, which enhances communication and collaboration.
With user-friendly applications, over a million of images and fonts, and budget-friendly price rates, you simply can’t go wrong with Canva.
There’s no need to get overwhelmed if you’re not sure how to use these tech systems and platforms right now. That’s just the unknown that feels scary and everything seems difficult before you really get in to them.
Once you open up the program and have someone walking you through exactly how to use them, it becomes very simple to use!
That’s why I include tons of tutorials and tech trainings inside The Profitable Yoga Teacher. I want you to know that I’ve got you covered, and I don’t assume anything. So if you’re a beginner, I’ll show you where to start. And if you’re ready to do a few more “advanced” things with your course tech, I can help you with that too.